Introduce yourself!

Dax Espina from Puerto Rico

Dax Espina from Puerto Rico

hi Guys.
I am starting a sign shop and wide printing. I have being working in sign shops for more than 15 years and got a bachelor on Graphic Design.

now I have 1 year with my own shop . small but profitable. in thw shop I got a Designjet, and a graphtec cutter. and with only those 2 machine I am making good money.

Hello everyone

My name is Gary. I am a 52 year old disillusioned designer. Now working for a small printers locally. It now seems that anyone with a home computer and a digital camera calls themselves a designer. The state of this industry is not what it used to be.

But hey ho.

Great forum to be on.

Hello,

I work for a small company in Norway. I have a bachelor´s degree in Media, ICT and Design, and my job title is graphic designer, but after one year of employment in a small digital/offset-press company I believe my title should be adjusted to graphic designer/prepress tech./ICT-consultant/receptionist/coffee-maker. But I like it:)

I'm not going to list every piece of equipment we have, but I'll tell you about the stuff I operate.

Pdf: Enfocus pitstop professional plugin for acrobat and pitstop extreme.
Impos. and Proofing: Imposition publisher and firstproof.
Rip etc.: ECRM ripmate. Cmyk optimizer.
CTP: ECRM mako 4-matic and a raptor developer. Fuji plates.
Printers: Xerox Docucolor 250. Xanté envelope printer with stacker and transport belt.

We have two presses; one Ryobi five color with UV coating and infrared dryer and one Ryobi two color, but when I deliver the plates my job is done:)

Looking forward to learing more. About everything.

Steffen

Attachments

• Loai 4.jpg
    Loai 4.jpg
    269.6 KB · Views: 231
Hello All,

I was introduced to this community by a friend and hope I can add something along the way. I have been in the print industry for over 25 years and know my way around. At the moment my real focus is digital technology. On the digital print side I have used gear from the big 3, Xerox, Canon, Ricoh ... I am currently looking to upgrade my html skills and add to the mix a bit of JDf.

For now I work at a production facility located in the picturesque hills of New England, my day starts early and tends to be long.

Richard

Last edited:
Hi, my name is Brendan. I've worked as a press operator/printer for 33 years. Had a shop in Portland, Oregon USA for 7 years, went down in flames. LOL I've found that whether I'm in a high-end shop or a hole in the wall, there's always some way to create something excellent. I got smart and left the big city for the big island of Hawaii where I'm a one man show and my job isn't the most important thing in my life for a change.

I have a thread in 'Computer to Plate' and I'd appreciate some feedback. Cheers!

Hello Everyone,

I am the Print Manager for Indoor Graphics in Chattanooga, Tennessee.

I look forward to learning a lot from the people on this forum, looks like there is a lot of experience on this forum!

Hello All,

My name is Tyrus Chen and I am an assistant who works for a prepress company in Taiwan. Recently my company started a new digital printing department and I was assigned. So I now have to study this new field and look forward to learn a lot from everyone in this forum.

Regards,

Gone Digital

Gone Digital

I've been printing since i was kid. I come from a craftsmen of printers and now i
have embarked into digital printing. We have seen many changes in the printing
industry and hesitated in digital. We are now running 2 Hp Indigo 3000 and its
been a fine move. However, easy printing is fun but it has taken the challenge
of our trade. Our volume is high and less pay. We are happy we have been able
to survive the pass 2 years and plan to expand and move as much as possible
with the ever changing Printing Industry we cant clean the marks of our hands off. :D

Gideon S.

My name is Scott, and I've been in the large format printing & signage industry for 6 years. I run the print department at a medium sized sign company running a Roland XC-540, ColorSpan 72s and a ColorSpan 9840Uv (now the HP Scitex FB910).

Although that's my day job, I spend most of my time online running a p2p support forum for Onyx Graphics RIP software at OnyxTalk.com. It started as me just wanting to have a place to chat with other Onyx users as I was first getting into the software, but has turned into a nice little community of users from all over the world. Though I have done zero advertising for the site it's spread rather well by word of mouth, and is steadily growing.

I'm fortunate to have a really tight relation with Onyx Graphics and that has really helped as I try to be an advocate for their software and help support their users as best I can. So if you're an Onyx user, feel free to stop on by.

OnyxTalk - Global Support Community for Onyx Software

Re: Introduce yourself!

Привет меня зовут Макс, я из России. Несколько лет назад работал в полиграфии, теперь у меня свой бизнес ни как не связаный с полиграфией. Но очень хочется заняться любимым делом сейчас пытаюсь организовать цех оперативной полиграфии.
Очень интерисует современный малобюджетный пре пресс в часности струйные технологии. По моему за ними будущее в малой полиграфии.

Hi my name is Max, I'm from Russia. Several years ago, worked in the printing industry, now I have my own business or as not connected with printing. But very much want to do what he likes now trying to organize a quick printing shop.
It attracts a modern low-budget pre press in the above privacy inkjet technology. In my future for them in a small printing business.

RE: Introduce yourself!

I am Jason Thomas and I have worked for POSCO (Printers Oil Supply Co., Inc) for 10 years now. This is a small family run business that has been supplying printers with chemistry and other consumables for over 112 years. A couple years back we started our own blanket converting business called Innovative Blanket Solutions that specializes in coating blankets.

I found this site when I was looking for info on coating blankets and I was amazed by the wealth of knowledge of all of the members. I have learned a lot by just reading some older posts. I signed up so that I can keep learning and hopefully that will allow us to provide better products and services to our customers.

If anyone has any questions I would be happy to help in any way that I can. We have a lot of very experienced employees here that could probably help answer any question that I could not.

Hi!

I'm Dave Darian, prepress director at Publications International, Ltd, a consumer publisher in the Chicago area. My background in printing started years ago at a small copy service and from there led to Regensteiner Press where I worked production and was exposed (no pun intended) to high end sheet-fed and web color litho. After a few years assisting a print broker, I joined PIL as production manager where I purchased and coordinated prepress and printing both domestically and in Hong Kong. Because of a fascination with computers, I eventually settled in prepress and over the following years converted our workflow from analog to digital. We currently provide PDF/x 1a files with CGS/Epson proofs.

I also love digital photograpy and have sold art photography at fairs and various other venues.

I'm glad to be part of the PrintPlanet group and look forward to learning and helping out as much as possible!

large format printer parts

large format printer parts

Hi all ,
I am Kevin ,from Shenzhen Jiahao Technology Co., Ltd. We are Manufacturer and Supplier of Parts of Wide Format Printer , our products , especially the ink supply system parts , are widely used in many printers ,such as Infiniti , Wit-color , Liyu ,JHF and GongZheng . Besides, we are XAAR printheads distributor in Shenzhen too.
We also offer some spare parts for Roland,Mimaki and Mutoh

hope make more friends in the forum.

Hello All,

Been in the printing industry for 22yrs, ran multi-color offset presses for 10yrs; been turning wrenches on them since the beginning (father was a Maintenance Dept. foreman go figure). Experiences includes 78" Harris, 64" Royal Zenith, 64" Planeta, 40" Omsca, and 28", 29" ,40", 51", and 56" Mitsubishi's. Worked in 174 cities between 3 countries, and I'm currently the Service Manager for Mitsubishi Lithographic Presses (MLP U.S.A.,Inc.) where I've been since 98'. I've been fortunate enough to work on every model Mitsubishi press dating back to 1983, and I've had print units torn down to nuts and bolts before re-assembling. Nothing is more rewarding than seeing a press print a beautiful dot after all it's parts have been spread out over 4,000 square feet. I learn something new every day, and figure when I stop learning it'll be time to move on, just try to use what I've learned to help someone else along the way.

My hobbies are restricted to an 08' Harley Davidson FLHRSE4 (105th Anniversary Screamin Eagle Road King). I'd have 10 bikes in various stages of build should I find myself with the time, unlimited finances, and a wife that didn't want to park in the garage.......unfortunately I find myself in a situation where none are the case.

If you've got a press questions I'll do my best to answer it, if I can't I have an extensive network of talented individuals available who may.

Life's a journey and I look forward to meeting those along the way.

Best Regards,

DOLEV 8OOV problems

DOLEV 8OOV problems

This is my problem with DOLEV 800 V
The crop marks in the film are bigger than the original file (Art).
If I send a rectangle to film, the result is that I have different size variation in each side of the rectangle.
What is the procedure to obtain the correct size? maybe I have to manipulate manually the spinner or just changing the values in the DOLEV software?
Thanks in advanced.

Hi my real name is Chris. My user name 'Clymout' is an anagram of my kids' names:).

I have a good friend who runs a small jobbing printer firm and help him out from time to time
with his equipment.

I do work for a major printing firm in the UK as a weekend night shift engineer which plays havoc with my social life! well not really as I don't have one!

In my spare time I started to fiddle with old triumphs again (back to my yoof) currently putting a TR7 drophead back to factory conditions.

Liking the forum btw.

Regards,

Chris.

I have been in the Printing Industry for 25 yrs and have moved through a variety of positions starting in prepress then (due to an injury) moving into estimating, planning, customer service/account coordinator and now setting up and managing an ecommerce site for a local printer.

Most of my experience has been working with high profile national clients and I have knowledge of sheetfed, web, digital, conventional & inline finishing, direct mail & most info in-between. I have been fortunate to have employers that utilized my vast skills and a desire to learn as much as possible.

The printing industry has been pretty good to me!

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back