Minimum Clicks on the Xerox 800

chadfield

We are looking at the KM8000 and Xerox 800. We are new to digital printing as we currently are cold-set only. On the bigger machines I've come to understand that if you don't run enough product to keep the machines fairly busy, you could start having service issues. It's going to take some time for us to get up to the larger quantities and seeing that we are new to this type of business I could see us in the 25k to 50k zone for quite some time – and that would be once we get going. I personally don't see the 800 as an entry level machine so I'd like to ask the 800 users their thoughts on running small quantities on this machine and what do you think we might expect. My hope is the KM8000 is a better fit for stepping into and building this type of business.

I appreciate all thoughts on this.

We are looking at the KM8000 and Xerox 800. We are new to digital printing as we currently are cold-set only. On the bigger machines I've come to understand that if you don't run enough product to keep the machines fairly busy, you could start having service issues. It's going to take some time for us to get up to the larger quantities and seeing that we are new to this type of business I could see us in the 25k to 50k zone for quite some time – and that would be once we get going. I personally don't see the 800 as an entry level machine so I'd like to ask the 800 users their thoughts on running small quantities on this machine and what do you think we might expect. My hope is the KM8000 is a better fit for stepping into and building this type of business.

I appreciate all thoughts on this.

Both machines are at the same kind of productivity level and I would have thought that for any requirement <100K per month either would be overkill. We don't run any of our machines at that low volume, so can't comment there, but personally I wouldn't be throwing my money away on an over specified machine, when there are such good lower volume machines out there. Unless you need any of the specific features of either machine, I'd look at the KM6000, Xerox 700i and Ricoh 751. Even the Xerox 8080 produces surprisingly good prints for such "old tech" machinery, as long as you are not looking to do photo books of course.

Both machines are at the same kind of productivity level and I would have thought that for any requirement <100K per month either would be overkill. We don't run any of our machines at that low volume, so can't comment there, but personally I wouldn't be throwing my money away on an over specified machine, when there are such good lower volume machines out there. Unless you need any of the specific features of either machine, I'd look at the KM6000, Xerox 700i and Ricoh 751. Even the Xerox 8080 produces surprisingly good prints for such "old tech" machinery, as long as you are not looking to do photo books of course.

Agreed - and why not put a upgrade path clause into the lease? A yearly review of the output numbers to build your business would work for all involved.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back