Need Digital

We are Full(almost)-Service printers that need to add digital to our services. The process seems really complex and I want to make it not so much like buying a car. What we need to do is satisfy our customers' needs for short-run. Need good color - on various papers - with basic finishing - and upgradeability. Where should I start with a budget around 15,000.

With that budget, without knowing specifics, I would start with a used Konica 6501.

Yes, that is US dollars. Should I allocate more dollars or look at a lesser machine, i.e. business class multifunction?

if you are in the US, I would say save your cash, and look for leasing options. Then you don't need to come up with $15k up front

Lease or buy, it still costs in the end. Really trying to find the price point and machine recommendations for our first foray in to the digital arena.

The problem is not enough cash for a suitable production device. Don't waste your money on an office copier and attempt to run production work. You'll be setting your self up for an ulcer in the long run! Instead of trying to shop by price you need to talk to the sales monkeys and tell them your needs now and what you project in the future. Then you will have several options to choose from, none of which will be n the $15,000.00 range I bet.... unless it's very used that is.

How about a 252, people seem to be using them. Are they way out of my range in terms of cost? I guess they will be discontinued but are available: maybe at a good price.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back