Xerox Color 1000 Press

My Xerox sales guy put me on to this but as of yet he did not have much info on it hence me hunting around and finding this forum.

gcspec is correct. However Xerox will be conducting on-site and webex's to non-disclose customers/prospects interested in the 800/1000. We've been told to refer to the Fuji Xerox site for information and all additional info will be released mid to late March.

Thanks for your interest though!

Uber - you seem to be short changing Xerox, I'm guessing US $400k + and .059/click

iGen for VDP

iGen for VDP

Looks like a redesign of an iGen.

VDP is the only way you will see good return from your XEROX investment, just ask any mailhouse owners.

Xerox 800 / 1000

Xerox 800 / 1000

Please do not make the mistake of assuming this is a "baby iGen". The 800/1000 is a brand-new technology, designed from the ground up. While it utilizes many of the great features of the iGen, it also makes use of some of the other printer technology Xerox offers. One look at the quality this machine produces and you will see it's very different than anything else out there.

Roll up! Roll up!

Now, you no longer have to deal with fuser oil in any of the newer 'presses'. They have all been updated and recombobulated to dizzying new heights of print quality, a new standard of reliability and configured for stunning ease-of-use. Xerox, Konica-Minolta, Ricoh, Canon - they are all fantastic.

No longer the pain of replacing parts, of chasing consistent colour, the headaches of curled paper or bad transfer! A new age is heralded by contemporary technology in the form of a specially developed oil which will remove all operator trouble and make any business instantly successful, with high-paying, high-volume VDP and graphic arts customers simply flocking to the door -

snake-oil1.jpg

Simply buy any new digital press, your rep will confirm that it is updated with the newly developed SnakeOIL® and won't in any way shape or form be the same 'ol sh*t wrapped up in a new package, and yet another chance to embark upon the well-worn trail of broken promises and failed expectations. At all.

If you're interested, you can find your nearest Snake Oil salesman on any print forum where operators are trying to share their knowledge and experience. Simply read any thread at all and you are sure to find several.

Please do not make the mistake of assuming this is a "baby iGen". The 800/1000 is a brand-new technology, designed from the ground up. While it utilizes many of the great features of the iGen, it also makes use of some of the other printer technology Xerox offers. One look at the quality this machine produces and you will see it's very different than anything else out there.

Good point. Additionally, the iGen was designed by Xerox while the 800/1000, like all the other color machines on the Xerox menu (except solid ink and some desktop printers) have been designed by Fuji Xerox and though the two companies obviously don't work in a vacuum from each other (!) there are sure to be some inherent differences.

Your right gcspec, I am assuming too much.
I have only seen the intro vid from Xerox on the 800/1000 and not the print quality or other tech features. So I will take back my comment on the redesigned "baby iGen" thing and wait for a good look at one when the opportunity arrives.

Cheers
:eek:

I was lucky enough to see the 1000 yesterday and while I'm not at liberty to divulge any details, I have to say, the machine and output looks impressive. It's a must see.

I saw the machine in late March and it's fantastic!. Value added + on the clear toner!

I think Xerox is out of touch with the market a little...

Understatement of the week....
We have 2 of the 700's on the floor, I bang the hell out of them all day long. They don't do what the salesman said they would, they barely do what the brochure said they would, and I have a tech on-site so often, we're considering assigning a parking-spot to them (but I like the guy's too much, I don't want to beat-up on them because of the quality of the product). I've got one issue that's been on-going for the entire time I've had the one machine (1.7 million clicks!) Placed ANOTHER call on it today, as a matter of fact!

I had sales-staff banging me non-stop to attend this new product launch a little while ago, wanted me to sign an NDA, exclusive deal for the Rochester area... Thanks, but I've got 'work' to do (e.g. clear printer jam's).

I've seen samples of the 'clear' toner, it's a poor-man's varnish (and looks like ...) Dirty's up the print/color, and frankly, isn't at all glossy (even the salesman had a hard time seeing it on the samples he showed me).

No idea what the price point for the machine is, but based on the sample's I've seen and the 2+ mil. clicks I've run on Xerox equipment, I'm recommending Cannon or Kodak. You can keep the iGen (if your entry-level machine's don't work, why in gods name would I upgrade to a bigger more expensive POS?)

- Mac

What the hell is value added? Are you telling me that there is no cost to me with the clear toner?

Like the C1 clear toner is an option so you have to pay for the hardware and you can bet it'll be more than 1/5 more expensive per click.

Word round the camp fire is if you want to get the real glossy look you will need to run it thru the machine multiple times, at addtional cost of course. This is a bit of gimmick I think, who of your current customers would be happy to pay more for the luxury of a few microns of barely visible gloss?

Last edited:
Uber I guess it's not the fact that they will have to pay extra, it's "Value Added". WTF!
I haven't had the opportunity to see this clear toner, but from the sound of it Kodak has Xerox beat.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back