C6501 Issues

I've used the chart adjustment before but gave up on it. I make the adjustments, registration is perfect then it goes off again within two to three sheets. Does anyone know why this is happening? This is on a 6500 btw, using a Creo ic-304.

What direction is it moving

Hy people

Hy people

Hey there,

This is my first time posting so go easy! We have a Konica C6501. We've had it for 2 months and hate it! We've had Xerox machines in the past and have come to conclude we never should have left them. The Konica can't register for S***! We have horrible scewing problems which no one can seem to fix. Does anyone out there experience the same problems? If so, is there an answer? :mad:

My englisch is not good, but I buying last week Konica 6501 / System 7. I am very SATISFIED, quality is very - very good, better than Xerox. I am trying Konica 6501 and Xerox 700, Konica is better OPTION. Output of Konica is better, registration is unbelievably GOOD on 250g or 300g. I am happy that not Xerox buying. Xerox can't print on classicsl offset paper, for KONICA 6501 this NO PROBLEM....And still something, the cheapcost on Konica is cheaper than Xerox. Xerox is a rusty and rich technology. KONICA IST THE BEST...:):):)

Let me first say the registration on the C6501 is vastly superior than most, +/- 1mm is the worst I have seen it, when you use the chart adjustment procedure for each paper type you are going to use...I can send you this procedure if you wish, all you have to do is email me at

[email protected]

On the 6500, the registration is ok, with normal being +/- 2mm per side, for a possible total of 4 mm....which is why they corrected it on the C6501.

Again those having trouble feel free to email me and I will do what I can to send you the info

I'm not knocking KM as we're pretty happy (now) with the machine, but the problems we haven't been able to fix are:-

- scratching on greeting card stock (240gsm and above), caused by the transport that comes with the high capacity stacker. If you have a KM6501 with the high cap stacker, you can't print greetings cards, full stop.

What stock are you using? We run Trucard Recycled 280gsm very successfully on our 6500. However, as they are short runs, we normally send the jobs into the top tray, not the stacker.

My englisch is not good, but I buying last week Konica 6501 / System 7. I am very SATISFIED, quality is very - very good, better than Xerox. I am trying Konica 6501 and Xerox 700, Konica is better OPTION. Output of Konica is better, registration is unbelievably GOOD on 250g or 300g. I am happy that not Xerox buying. Xerox can't print on classicsl offset paper, for KONICA 6501 this NO PROBLEM....And still something, the cheapcost on Konica is cheaper than Xerox. Xerox is a rusty and rich technology. KONICA IST THE BEST...:):):)

This No Sound Real!

What stock are you using? We run Trucard Recycled 280gsm very successfully on our 6500. However, as they are short runs, we normally send the jobs into the top tray, not the stacker.

We have scratching on trucard 240 and above. The problem is the conveyance unit (RU-503??), if you disconnect this, no scratching. KM have tried lots of things and have given up - it just can't handle greetings card board. We do quite a few greetings cards and a lot of them fall into the digital run lengths, however as we're talking about several tens of thousand, rather than hundreds of thousands, it's difficult to justify buying another machine just for Trucard! The old (20 months is old in digital terms right?) Xerox will plug away at trucard all day without a scratch. Of course, the colour and image fidelity isn't as good, but I guess you can't have everything. Damn glad I didn't sell that thing and get another 6501 now!

On a brighter note, our '01 is now running all day every day (I just hope that keeps going!) and so far is coping really well. I can't remember seeing a KM engineer since the last PM a couple of weeks ago. Probably just jinxed it saying that though...

lfelton, Is your machine sitting on carpet or a hard floor? Like you say Im sure the techs have tried everything but I have found the more level the machine is the less marks, I think it must have something to do with the entry level.

lfelton, Is your machine sitting on carpet or a hard floor? Like you say Im sure the techs have tried everything but I have found the more level the machine is the less marks, I think it must have something to do with the entry level.

concrete powerfloated floor with non slip paint coating.

I got my 8000AP on some 1970's Shag, real deep too. Oh yeah, that's what I'm talking about!:):D

UberTech,

Can you give me some tips on how to "de-Japanese" the instructions for their front/back paper tray alignment? I'm piddling with it, but don't know what all the buttons mean.

Gene Glass
205-999-2064

UberTech,

Can you give me some tips on how to "de-Japanese" the instructions for their front/back paper tray alignment? I'm piddling with it, but don't know what all the buttons mean.

Gene Glass
205-999-2064

Horizontal/Vertical Mag. To combat paper shrinkage, turn these up or down to expand or contract the image in either direction.
Up/Down Moves the image on the sheet up or down.
Loop To prepare the sheet to be fed into the image transfer section the paper forms a loop to line up the paper. Bigger loop can sometimes remove paper feed skew.
Chart AdjustDo this procedure to adjust front and back rego. This adjustment can account for skew or paper shrinkage.

Adjusting the first side is pretty much self explantory I think. Print the chart, put in the measurements, press 'adjust start'

The 'back' adjustment doesn't make much sense initially. Print the chart out, this one has the 4 crop marks.

Looking at the side that has the directions place the sheet on a light box or hold it up to the light now (here is the key) you adjust the crops marks on the side not facing you.

The crop marks on the side facing you don't move at all they are the reference. Once you have made the adjustment press 'adjust start' then go back into the adjustment and print the chart again. Adjust further until you get all four crop marks sitting on top of each other.

Store this in the paper catalouge with the paper type. This will keep the adjustments and tray 4 and tray 5 can use this setting.

Next thing you will do is print something and the marks will be off. Why? because what you printed probably has a massive amount of toner on it and the sheet has shrunk. Doesn't always happen depends on your stock. If you go back to the tray adjustment you will find the crop marks still line up.

Hope this clears things up for you.

These machines will always skew +/- 2mm out of registration on a 320x450 size sheet, no matter what is advertised or what the technicians tell you.

Photcopiers dont have grippers or a side lay like a press, it just something you have to live with and work around, its really not that hard to do.

These machines will always skew +/- 2mm out of registration on a 320x450 size sheet, no matter what is advertised or what the technicians tell you.

Photcopiers dont have grippers or a side lay like a press, it just something you have to live with and work around, its really not that hard to do.

When you say "these machines" are you just referring to the 6501? I would hope so, since my 8000AP is dead on at +/- 0.5mm Front to Back.

it still wont operate like a press even at 0.5mm ;) - i think thats wat he is trying to get at.

Is there anyone hear that thinks ANY digital device will have the same tolerances as an offset? I would hope not, because you'll be in for an unpleasant surprise.

That being said .05mm has not presented any problems with trimming or folding, unlike what we had with our old device which was 2mm at best.

The chart adjustment process is a fairly tedious process on the 6501. To get the most accurate settings, you have to adjust each paper stock that you use. Adjustments for a 20# bond stock will be different than a 80# cover stock. It can take a few hours if you try to register over 10 different paper stocks. Of course, that's only if you want to register each stock.

What amazed me is that my Konica techs didn't know anything about these chart adjustments. I was only provided some help through this forum. My Konica techs spent several days trying to correct my registration and skewing issues but they didn't come as close as I did on my own.

I have to agree with Craig in that expectations need to be set correctly; these machines are not your offset equipment.

Gin, I hope you benefitted from my word document showing step by step in how to do those chart adjustments.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back