Cs4 shipping?

steppy

Hey all:

We have received .indd files which do not want to open in CS2 or CS3, Mac or Windows. I know CS4 beta and prerelease are out there, but, does anyone know an official or expected shipping date for the final version? Has it actually shipped?

stephen

Hey all:

We have received .indd files which do not want to open in CS2 or CS3, Mac or Windows. I know CS4 beta and prerelease are out there, but, does anyone know an official or expected shipping date for the final version? Has it actually shipped?

stephen

No, it is not released or shipping yet. :)

- Dov

Adobe quote a release date "in October". Their announcement in September was just that - a pre-release announcement.

And that's not counting their earlier pre-pre-release announcement... ;)

But nobody should be using CS4 files generally yet as that's bound to hit multiple brick walls!

Nick

Any user of Adobe "beta" or "pre-release" versions of InDesign 6 are not only specifically not supposed to release any document files to the public prior to product final release, but are also warned that these document files are not even compatible with the final shipping release of InDesign 6. Be careful what you accept!

- Dov

thanks all

thanks all

Nice to know the "official" word.

Apparently we either "can't remember" or "never found out" the origin or final outcome of this file.
Probably got a pdf from client.

We will not expect C4 questions until some time later.

thanks again.

stephen

Any user of Adobe "beta" or "pre-release" versions of InDesign 6 are not only specifically not supposed to release any document files to the public prior to product final release, but are also warned that these document files are not even compatible with the final shipping release of InDesign 6. Be careful what you accept!
-
Just an aside -
I have been running CS4 for 3 days now
and am happy to say
I have not encountered one problem.
Great speed and dependability.
( More info to come while plugins and scripts are created and installed)
File creation and full prepress production.
This is on MAC 10.4 - soon to install on Intel MAC.

MSD

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back