DC260 & FreeFlow 7 Print Queue Question

kydruid

We recently had our FreeFlow server upgraded to version 7, SP2. I installed the new drivers on my machine alone, to test and make sure everything would go smoothly when upgrading everyone else...

... and well, I'm still the only one with the updated drivers.

Most everything seems to be working ok with the new drivers, but I can't get the system to duplex when sending to our print queue. I can reprogram the job once it's printed, I can program anything in the hold queue, but when a file is printed to the print queue, it won't duplex to save its life. The duplexing worked all day every day before the upgrade, and I was told the repair for this was to set up a new queue specifically set to duplex, which oddly enough was not necessary for the functionality before. I've checked everything I can think of in the queue manager, even making sure that the queue manager overrides were disabled. The stock changes hold, the image edit settings hold, but it just won't let it duplex.

I know this has to be something simple I've just missed. Any ideas? I'm just stumped here.

We also run on FreeFlow Server SP2 with a Xerox 700. Sending duplex jobs from the print driver from Windows 7 works fine for us. The print driver for 242/260 and 700 on the Xerox website looks to be the same.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back