Introduce yourself!

hey nice to know everyone here!

I'm suke from Long Pack Co.,Ltd in shanghai ,China,which is a printing and packaging company ,Established in 1999, we now have a workforce of 60 people and a professional export dept.

We are specialized in making paper box (cardboard box, corrugated box, gift box, wine box, chocolate box, cake box, cosmetic box, light industrial box, board game box), paper bags (gift bags, shopping bags, wine bags, marketing bags, handbags) and printings of brochures, catalogs, magazines, books (hard cover and soft cover), children’s books, art books, cookbooks, journals, diaries, ring binders, presentation folders, notebooks, calendars, cards, envelopes, newsletters, leaflets, booklets, containers, stickers, decals and etc.

At the same time, we are also able to assist our clients to source all nessasary accessories such as plastic box, key chains, Chalk Pack, CD/DVD, etc. to offer a complete solution.

Our main export markets are Australia, Netherlands, Denmark, Sweden, Germany, Austria, USA and South Africa.

If you are interested in printing or package in China,please kindly let us know.

Best Regards,

suke

Long Pack Co., Ltd.
--------------------------------
Tel: +86 21 5169 6158
Fax: +86 21 5169 6156
Mob:+86 158 0182 8487

Email: [email protected]
Web: Printing China, Paper Gift Bags, Brochure Printing, Book Printing | LongPack
Printing China, Catalog Printing, Magazine Printing, Paper Box

Hi, i'm Hugo From CostaRica.
I'm running a small Printing company
we have litograpich and Digital machines.

hi i am s.k.vaithianathan(call me vaithi)from bangalore,india i have done my printing diploma at the london college of printing way back in 1978.i have been in this industry since 1969.i retired in 2006 from active services as the production manager in a reputed printing house in bangalore.now i do consultancy work in standardization in prepress and press.i joined this forum about 3years back.this forum is great source of knowledge.cheers

Hi, My name is Farshad. I live in Canada. I have been helping Print /Graphic Industry in the area of Installation, Service, Alignment of their equipment for over 14 years.

Our company is located in Canada and we have a Network of Service Technician & Engineers world wide.

We have also online support for your Agfa Prepress Equipment.

Wish you all the best

My Name Is James, I come from a Photo background and have been involved in the digital revolution since 1990. My experience with the printing and finishing industry over the last 20 years has been the integration of desktop colour and short run using Xerox cannon and Kodak copiers with Fiery and Colorbus front ends as printers to address the need of sport photography programs i.e. trading cards. Now Managing production for School photography we find ourselves in the printing industry for on demand marketing materials, ID cards and moving into the book market. Our marketing requires printing on pocket envelopes and our ID cards require plastics (teslin) I hope to add value here with my experience as a gain it and hope that you all can help me as I delve into new products that we develop over time.

Good information forum.

Good information forum.

hi sam is here .. this forum is full of good printing information. Good work it helps me to learn lot of printing things.

Thanks Buddy

sam

Hi, I'm Mark! I am employed as a Junior in the pre-press department of The Colour Factory in England. I have a design background and am slowly picking everything up in this trade

Hi Everyone, my name is Doreen Speight although I am known as Dot. I am a married mum of three children and have had my own business for 22 years, which I opened with my best friend Tracy, we couldnt decide what to call our business then so thought the first three initials of our names would do, hense the name Trador.We think we know what we are doing when it comes to printing and have a long list of satisfied customers. please take a look at the website Cheap Takeaway Menu Printing and Cheap Leaflet Printing - Trador Print UK.
my quote for today is that paper prices need to come down!

Hi David!

My name is Cassandra, and I am a recovering PC addict...(yes, I said PC, not pcp - and I am replying to David's post on page one of this thread.)

Lol actually, I love both PC's and Macs, and I'm cool with that. I've been a designer in the field for the last 10 years. I've been working in photoshop for 13 years (just about). Since somtime around the release of 4.0 or just before it.

As a result of that, and my design experience, I am very proficient in all the adobe programs...I have grown with them, and as it happened, I took to Macromedia and Quark quickly as well when I ended up going into design. ;D

I am currently working in the Adobe CS3 designer suite (photshop, ai, InDesign, dreamweaver, flash). Soon to upgrade to CS5.

I'm always happy to help with any design/print related questions.
I worked freelance for a lot of years. I've worked in both ad agency and newspaper environments, and I am now an in-house designer for the marketing department in a local engineering firm.

I love the diversity of what I do, I love where the publishing market is going, and I'm always happy to help with what I can and learn more about our fields of work.

Last edited:
Introduction-Namsakar

Introduction-Namsakar

dear all...
Well...I was basically born in Delhi ( India )and bought up in different part of country and my entire education life was carried out in the different place as my father was an Army officer. To speak further about it, I completed my intermediate and matriculation from the Central school, Gwalior and with my family guidance; I planned to take up Engineering. Fortunately, with good CET scores, I entered in GJU and choose Printing Technology as specialization. Given a thought, I moved ahead in my education while working and completed my SAP-PP through part time. As per the goals set, I started my professional career as GET (Production) in a Newspaper Company (DNA) and working with DNA as Production Officer. I always appreciate myself for being on track with my career plans. To be fair enough, I take pride for my present status in my both professional and personal life, though my father was retired, and mom is house wife, they share their experiences which has given me full support to face the situations as and when they arise.

PARALIGN : Non - Optical Roll alignment

PARALIGN : Non - Optical Roll alignment

Hello everyone my name is Steve and I work for Pruftechnik.

Last edited by a moderator:
Introdue myself

Introdue myself

Hi,

By education I am A B-Pharmacist.
But I have 15y of experience in offset printing and packaging, currently I am
related to a company for textile inlays/ inserts printing as a production/Quality Manager.

Best Regards

Hello everyone,
My name is Doug, I'm living in Overland Park Kansas which is very close to Kansas City. I'll be 58 in a couple months, I've been working in the printing industry since 1972 - but I actually started when I was 14 years old in high school. I've always been fascinated with color printing even when I was small so it was a natural occupation to pursue. I went to Pasadena City College in Pasadena California and earned an A.A. in Lithographic Printing - the college still exists but there isn't even a printing department anymore! I remember learning to run a Linotype, casting type in a Ludlow machine...those were the days.
For the first few 10 or 15 years of my career I ran Multi's, ABDick 360's, and Chief 15's. Then I got a chance to learn Heidelbergs - first a 1-color GTO, then a KORD and then a 2-color SORDZ. As my career progressed I remained a Heidelberg operator and I still think the K-line presses are some of the most brilliantly designed presses in the world. Too bad they're so slow!
I'm semi-retired now, and I've come full circle - I'm now running Multi 1650XE with a T-head with polyester silver plates, for Minuteman Press in Overland Park KS. But I like it! My boss lets us listen to blues and rock all day on the iPod. Plus, I'm only working part-time so I have plenty of time to devote to other interests - like studying music theory and playing with my new granddaughter.
Thanks for reading........

Hello

Hello

Gr8 Dat,
My name is Subin. I have worked in prepress for 10 years. I have come here to share my experiment and get your experiment.
Hope I will get it from here what I want!!!!!!!!!

Subin.

My name is Jay and I work for MidAtlantic Printers LLC in Altavista, VA. We are a commercial printer for the East Coast. My duties are Production Artist / Estimating / some Planning / CSR / Prepress Tech.
Look forward to MORE learning for post and comments here!

I am Metehan Kartaltepe working for Kutas Basim Ambalaj in Istanbul as general manager including production management. We are a print&package house serving for mostly pharmaceutical companies and chocolate sectors. Presses include 4 color 70*100, 4 color 70*50 and 3 2 color 70*50. Also we have 2 UV varnish machines, 4 die-cutters, hot-foil stamp machine and window patching and finally 2 folder and gluers.

In Prepress we use Heidelberg CTP device, Heidelberg plates and all the usual apps.

Outside of work I play volleyball and spend time with the family (have a son about 4 years old)

Hi

Hi

Hi

My name is Michael and im a prepress manager in one of the bigest sheet fed printing houses in Poland.

We are using Kodak software: Insite, Prinergy, StoreFront and many other W2P solution,
and Komori and Heidelberg presses. We have also digitall printing department which use HP Indigo, Kodak NexPress, and Xeikon's.

We are providing high end finishing solution like in line embossing, cold foil, dimensionall printing, and twin spot varnishing.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back