Introduce yourself!

Good Day Everyone...

Good Day Everyone...

My name is Joyce. I started in the printing industry doing artwork for silkscreening (6 years) then moved into typesetting for a litho printer. Learned the computer in 1989 or so and have been doing prepress ever since (23 years). During this time I went back to school and received my associates degree while working full time, taking care of a house and family. I really like doing desktop publishing, however I was laid off in 2009.

I would like to stay in the print industry and am looking for ways to stay semi-current which is why I like this forum. So many minds...so much to learn. Keep the info coming!

Hi!!

Hi!!

Im Matt From Latvia.

I own a small printing company,
and in My free time i do charity foor poor people and local hospitals.

Ive been printing christmas cards for 6 years, and past year i was starting to print leatter heads, and envelopes.

Now im looking for the best printer, with fine print quality, and with the minimum expenses per page.
Futher hope to expand my busines abroad :)

My name is Fernando Bergamaschi. I work with images, all kind of images. I am a Brazilian photographer, illustrator, graphic designer.
Work with advertising, corporate and industrial photography for a long time in the cities of Rio de Janeiro and Porto Alegre, South Brazil.(Fernando Bergamaschi advertising and industrial photographer Brazil, Photoindustrial)
Do graphic design of brochures and catalogs. Photo illustrations.(Graphic designer,illustrator and photographer in Brazil,Designdeimagem.)
Special cultural projects like Rio favelas, Brazilian Snakes etc.(Projetos culturais da ApoioCultural em busca de patrocnio.).
I am here to try to learn tricks from old dogs. It is nice to be part of this group. If I can be of help just contact. Best regards to all

Hi
I have just recently started working for a small to medium sized printers in the Midlands, UK after running my own studio for the last 19 years. I currently operate Apple Macs and predominantly produce artwork for short run printing via a digital print set up, plan and schedule print for my department.
I have joined this forum because I would like to have a facility for 'gentle' help from time to time with the odd query that I may have regarding my new found 'employment' as I am generally self taught in all applications and the digital machinery that I currently use.... hence sometimes not being familiar with current terminologies.

Im Matt From Latvia.

I own a small printing company,
and in My free time i do charity foor poor people and local hospitals.

Ive been printing christmas cards for 6 years, and past year i was starting to print leatter heads, and envelopes.

Now im looking for the best printer, with fine print quality, and with the minimum expenses per page.
Futher hope to expand my busines abroad :)

Hi Matt,

I know companies in China . They can print jobs with highest quality an lower cost.

If you want me to intoduce them to you contact me at [email protected]

About me

About me

Hi Cory
I m Naveen Bhargava. I work for RNG Packagings Noida, India. I am also doing as prepress manager here. We are a packaging company. We have 2 28"x40" Planeta Super Varients and 1 49"x56" Polygraph. We are basially Corrougation box makers. In prepres we have a Baysys print ctp.

Earlier I was doing my job for a US based company in LA named The Graphics Factory. My owner name was Jeff Hampsten. Unfortunately due to recession this company was closed then I got my current job. I m still looking for a job like before. In which I was doing their Prepress file setup from home. I have 2 Macs and 1 IBM pc. and all the latest publishing softwares.

Can u pls. help me to get a job there.

Thanks,
Naveen.
[email protected]
+91 9810027490
This is your chance to let everyone know a little about yourself, inside and outside of your job.

I will start it off

I work for Ryder Election Services in Bend, Oregon as their prepress manager. We are a commercial sheetfed shop and a ballot printer. Presses include a recently install 4 color 40, 5 color 28" and 2 2 color 14X20's

In Prepress we run a RAMpage workflow, Javelin CTP device, Fuji plates, ORIS color and all the usual apps.

Outside of work I play paintball and spend time with the family (have a son about 2 years old)

Hi All, Greetings of the day

I m Naveen Bhargava. I work for RNG Packagings Noida, India. I am also doing as prepress manager here. We are a packaging company. We have 2 28"x40" Planeta Super Varients and 1 49"x56" Polygraph. We are basially Corrougation box makers. In prepres we have a Baysys print ctp.

Earlier I was doing my job from home (India) for a US based company in LA named The Graphics Factory. My owner name was Jeff Hampsten. Unfortunately due to recession this company was closed then I got my current job. I m still looking for a job like before. In which I was doing their Prepress file setup from home. I have 2 Macs and 1 IBM pc. and all the latest publishing softwares.

Can u pls. help me to get a job there.

Thanks,
Naveen.
[email protected]
+91 9810027490
Quote:

Hi I'm Shaahid. I'm the manager of Duke of Print, We are a commercial Litho & Digital Print company based in Johannesburg South Africa, looking forward to learning more from fellow forum members.

Job

Job

Hi Shaahid

I am looking an online prepress file setup job these days. I can do this from my home. Can u pls help me.

I can do typesetting also. if u have any work for me pls. contact.

My name is Tim Lumpkins and work at Mail & Copy Solutions, an all digital in-plant at Webster University in St. Louis, MO. My theoretical job is to run the Xerox Docucolor 700, but somehow my job has evolved into maintaining our web site, creating our marketing and advertising materials, being a main point of contact for our customers, and researching equipment/software while handling all of our color printing orders.

I've been with the university for about 3 years as a full-time employee. Before that, I worked at Kinko's for about 5.5 years. Since I've been with Webster University, I've worked hard to educate myself about the industry and I think that I've helped raise the standards of quality within the department. I joined this forum to learn more about the wide world of printing and find new ideas about how to make my shop better.

Hello everyone

I'm Mike from Minuteman Press in Clovis CA and have been a press wrestler for many years. I have ran and repaired just about every machine out there at one time or another. I'm now getting schooled by a novajet 750 which is what led me to here. Which I will go post up in the proper forum for those problems. If any one needs help with the quickmaster 46 I have a large bag of tricks for that machine. And I know my way round konica copiers (7272, 7085, 8050/C500)

Hi Mike, I have a full bag of information about Agfa, Dupont, Heidelberg speed mater, polar and CDI from esko Artworks. How can we work with eachother. I am in Canada.

Good to hear from you

[email protected], wwww.armyaservices.com

Hi everyone,

I am a technical service provider.

I can support AGFA Imagesetters, Linotronics, ECRMs, Harlequin RIPs as well as some Processors.

I have been in the IT industry for 15years and currently specialize in Imagesetters and Platesetter support.

I do support presses in Ghana, Liberia, Nigeria an mostly West African countries. I have a team of 8 technicians and we are intrested in supporting companies with their monthly maintenace and other IT related support.

We intend to also enter into supplies of consumables of FILMs, PLATEs and Chemicals for our clients. Any assistance or supply negotiations are welcome.

Thank you all and I know we will be welcomed in the great family.

Best Regards.

Albert Duncan
Monte Carlo Trading
Ghana - West Africa

Hello friends

Hello friends

Hi !! I am Sumit Khindria from Reprographic System & Supplies, India. We are one of the largest supplier for Prepress, Press & Post Press consumables. Our company has been in this business since 35years. We are distributor for ContiAir blankets, Mark3Zet packing sheets, Anti Marking System & lots more. We can also provide you with spare parts for Heidelberg, Komori, Mitsubishi & Roland. You can visit our website for more details. Welcome to Reprographics Systems & Supplies. If you need our service, please send me an email on [email protected]

Last edited:
My name is Rycc Wu, 8 years experience involved inkjet media business.

I am now working with Mega Nanotechnology as Sales Manager. We are water-based nano-pigmented ink also Epson WF printer compatible cartridge manufacturer in Taipei, Taiwan. MEGA Nanotechnology

We're helping our clients to combine world's famous RIPs (EFI, GMG, ORIS) and proof paper (Mitsubishi, FelixSchoeller) together to especially achieve Fogra/Ugra/G7 under ISO standard (12647-7) in reasonable costs.

I travel a lot in Asian regions, and it's truly my absolutely pleasure to work with PrintPlanet members in the world so that someday I can have chance expend my business globally :)

Last edited:
Hi . . . my name is Bob and I own a chunk of a mid size commmercial printer in the East Bay Area, been doing this for hummmm . . . . 41+ years, getting a little long in the tooth . .. from hand setting to lino-type (still have the lino service books) to compugraphics to IBM ventura publishlisher, and since 1990 Macs (thank god). As an owner have run everything in the shop from 12150 multis, AB Dicks, chiefs, hamadas, ryobis, Harrises, Heidelbergs from windmills, GTOs, SBG diecutters, 4 color speedmasters and S lines, Kluges, Indigos folders, camera work, stripping, and imaging, and now CTP. . . oh and bookkeeping . .. is there any thing else to do . . . oh yea .. . janitor. At the end of my run in a year or two if theres any retirement left I plan to lay down my pica pole and pick up a fishing pole once again. . . otherwise will probably be writing on this board when I finally lay my head down on the keyboard and miss spell goooooodbyyyyyyyyyyyye , ,, , lol (not for a few years I hope)

Hi.

I am Szilard Szarka. I work as a studio manager for Harlequin / Graf-Print in Hatfield, UK. Our company won the Poster Printer of the Year 2009 Printweek award. We are a large-format digital printing company providing posters, POP and POS materials for our customers.
Before I came over to the UK I had worked for the biggest large format printing company in Hungary (Eclipse-Print) where we had digital, screen and litho department. I have more than 10 years of pre-press and artworking experience but I will probably have more questions than answers... :)

When I am not in the printing-house, I am a keen digital photographer and just about to study graphic design in an online course backed up by the Uni of Hertfordshire. One can never stop learning. ;)

u r someone that needs love and care about...?!

u r someone that needs love and care about...?!

hey..dun say that even everyone is nobody; but shall we think we are unique though?

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back