Is it just me? Am I unlucky?

gazfocus

I've posted before about the fact I used to have a Konica C3070 and decided to sell that about a year ago and kept my Versant 80, and how much I regretted that decision.

However, I am constantly having issues with the Versant 80 and it's driving me insane. Countless issues with lines/streaks in prints, some are fixed with a new drum, some have needed developer and housing replacing, and I've just had to have the slip sheet replaced in the fuser to get rid of some lines only to now be getting lines again. Solid blocks of colour are rubbish and now the roller that takes the paper into the duplexer has broken so having to manually duplex everything until an engineer comes (no big deal really...at least it still prints), and for some reason the high capacity feeder doesn't like feeding 170gsm Silk from the top tray so have to run it from the bottom tray.

Thankfully the Versant 80 is still on a service contract so it's not costing me endless fortunes to fix issues, but I'm getting so sick of there being an issue (particularly the lines) every time I try and print something.

Seriously wondering, have I just been unlucky with this particular machine or are Versant 80's just rubbish?

Asking because we are hoping to get a new machine in January/February and had planned on getting another Xerox (mainly because the finishing options are cheaper than the likes of Konica) but I hate Xerox right now.

V3100 here. I'm chronically frustrated too. I'd lean towards Ricoh equipment next based on available service options in my area.

V3100 here. I'm chronically frustrated too. I'd lean towards Ricoh equipment next based on available service options in my area.
What sort of issues do you have? The 3100 was one of the machines I was considering but I think it’s too big a machine for me really.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back