Xerox 700i monthly volume

John U.P.

I have a sales proposal from Xerox with their new 700i and they are willing to lease me the machine knowing that I will produce 70K black and 35/40K color per month. I even talked to our service tech and he said it will handle that type of volume??? Are any of you doing close to this volume?

Thanks…

We have a x700 that we put 150-200 8.5x11 impressions on, all color. We have no issues and it runs more consistently than our x800.

There's a fast black patch for the 700, I imagine there's one for the 700i as well. If you're doing long runs of black only clicks make sure you load it - it protects the colour drums, lifts them outta the way so that there's no wear on them.
As for the volume, if you're printing on decent stock, and you look after the machine (cleaned regularly, nip problems in the bud instead of letting them develop into major issues and so on) then I reckon it'd be able to handle that volume ok. If it's low coverage and not graphics intensive work though, the machine'll churn its way through it no problem. That said, if you were doing that type of work there's probably more cost effective options out there...

I'm talking from experience of running a 700 though, not a 700i, they look pretty similar though.

We just finished upgrading to a Xerox 800 from a Xerox 700. We averaged about 150,000 12 x 18/13 x 19 clicks per month on our 700.

FYI there is NO fast black patch for the free flow server, I'd stay away from that one as we have it and the B&W runs mess our 700 up.

Our 700 runs probably around 98% up during serviceable hours. Our 800 runs at 89% up during serviceable hours.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back