Introduce yourself!

Hello,

My name is Daan. Im from belgium, Antwerp. I work for the company Schawk.
This is a company that produces clichés and mountings for flexo printing.
In advance im going to excuse myself for my bad English, but at least im trying! ;-)

grtz!

Introduction: Wayne Anderson - Print2Finish

Introduction: Wayne Anderson - Print2Finish

HI,
Wayne Anderson introduction : Plan on listening to industry through threads posted here and learn more about industry needs for fulfillment. Our Company, Print2Finish prides itself on serving as a valuable resource to its friends in the printing industry.

Kindest Regards,

Print2Finish
Wayne Anderson
Business Development Executive
PH: 267-818-0565
[email protected]
Print2Finish

Contact me for a current Stitching or Baling wire quote today.

Print2Finish markets European and American companies serving the newspaper and commercial printing industries. We are dedicated to provide value-added products and services that increase client revenue, improve productivity and grow profits.

Our product portfolio provides enhancements to your printing process with revenue generating accessories such as in-line stitching, in-line labeling and in-line gluing. In addition to products that can create markets and generate income

Print2Finish also markets technologies that streamline and improve your production quality / processes and bring money back to the bottom-line such as press registration, press quality management systems, fan-out control and closed loop color measurement systems. Our press technology enhancements are supported with post-press added-value processes with conveying, trimming, polybagging, stacking and palletizing systems as well as laminating and UV coating systems for the finishing department. Our comprehensive product portfolio makes our company a one stop source for innovative system solutions.

At Print2Finish we maintain a portfolio of high quality products so that you can maintain, improve and grow your portfolio of products

Good afternoon
I have an avantra 30 off line, and when I start the rollers is automatically, nclenchent and commance film to unfold.
on the table appears error 175.
and when I flashe, films are not répérés (guides do not overlap).
What should I do, help me please
[Automatically translated by Microsoft® Translator]

Last edited:
Introduction

Introduction

Hi,
My name is Ashwini and i am very under-qualified in comparison to the people in this group. I am 28 years old and joined our Family business of Printing in 2004. Very interested in pre-press and color theories and would like to learn more about the field through this forum. We are based in India and sometimes it gets very difficult to understand our get a feedback with questions you have regarding operations.
We are recently establishing our pre-press unit and for the first time linking computer to press, all equipment used are heildeberg machines ( cd 102 - 5 and supra setter)
i hope this forum will help me gain knowledge through its vast experience in the field.

Ashwini
[email protected]

Hi all i am from India,
My name is siddhesh.
Working in a One of the leaders in india book manufacturing company from last 2 yrs in Quality assurance department.
Completed B.E. in printing. here to disscus the critcal parameter and technical things with the knowledge orinted people......

hello

hello

Hey guys...
been in printing and prepress/graphics for a while now. Love it, love it. I am glad to have found this forum where everyone is about helping out and solving problems together. I made a post I hope someone can help me with in COMPUTER TO PLATE. Nice to be here!:)

My name is Marc

I've been in the printing industry for 40 of my 53 years. Dad bought a small Newspaper/Job shop in Idaho when I was 13. It was all letterpress. The newspaper was printed on a Lee 2 revolution hand fed press. Stood there for hours stream feeding 24 x 36 sheets of newsprint. We called it our "tri-weekly, if we didn't get it out this week, we'll try next."

I've been the owner of a small commercial printing plant in the middle of Lake Superior for 21 years. Before that, I worked at a commercial shop and an inplant shop in Colorado.

My current situation requires me to design, typeset, make negs, make plates, sometimes run a press, do most of the bindery and deliver the jobs. At least I don't get bored doing the same thing over and over.

We're just starting to get into CTP. I bought a used Rip-It VM-4 (Xante now makes these). It looks like I have everything communicating okay, just need to get some plates in here and see if the laser is actually imaging them.

Hi Marc,
You have been in the industry a long while. Bet you have some great stories to share.

Giday

I am a photographer who is returning to BW large Format, digital is great just like instant coffee... So anyway I bought a Topaz II scanner and the fun has just begun. Prior this I do have two Optonic Drum scanners, but the local boys had a go at fixing them and now I have two dead Optronic Drum scanners, (they cooked the power supply, not once but three time) turned out it was the floppy drive.

I live in a small town at the very South of New Zealand, called Bluff, the name speaks for its self... good fishing and hell weather. So plenty of time to do some nice high end scanning.

I have some questions, about the Topaz, Lino colour 6 and the NEC bulbs.
I read there is a trick using some other bulbs.
I understand there is a trick about initialisation errors. I get a message the machine is not responding and call service.

But back to saying hello, very impressed with the blog site... I did some reading, clearly some very knowledgeable people. So thanks for having me on board... Cheers Raoul

Kevin

Kevin

Hi All. Up here in Edmonton Alberta Canada. Pressman for close to 27yrs. Our company has just bought a brand new 10/c Komori 40 inch perfector! Love to hear from other Komori operators. Have only run Heidelbergs my whole career so I'm looking forward to the challenge and new learning curve.

I am the Director of National Service at manroland. I have been with manroland for 20 years. Graduate of DeVry, majoring in electronic engineering. Served five years on active duty in the US Army. I installed the first R700 in North America 17 years ago and so many after that I cannot remember them all. Main focus of my team is to provide virtual technician support to all of our customers. GO HAWKEYES!!
P.S. If anyone has an old Miller and needs help let me know as I provide support for those machines as well.

New Guy

New Guy

Hello All,

My name is Cameron, im involved in setting up a new promotional printing facility in California, we are currently doing renovations to our site and will be installing our machines soon!

Some of our equipment will be:

GOSS 2000 Sunday with PCF1 folder
Heidleberg X105 sheetfed press
Muller Martini Saddle stitcher and Perfect binder
Wide format banner printer and welders
Varimatrix Stamper
Stahl Folder

The rest is just details!

Hello from Jennifer

Hello from Jennifer

Hello,

I'm new to PrintPlanet, and I'm looking for some information regarding setting up an offshore print production in India. The markets that I would be wanting to print for would start off with Canada and Ireland, eventually moving to other areas.

I am Canadian born but currently living in Ireland so I have contacts in both areas. I am also Punjabi and can speak the language fluently. I haven't done any research yet, just starting the process now. If anyone has any advice or contacts for me, it would be much appreciated!

Thanks,
Jennifer

I'm Chuck Malspeis, Aqueous and UV formulator for Nova Pressroom Products. I have spent most of my adult life formulating coatings and helping printers with coating-related technical issues.

Hello

Hello

I have been in this field since the beginnings of DTP. I started at a prepress provider proofing, driving, scanning and eventually got more heavily involved in color management, prepress and digital printing. I made my way through the ranks and became the production manager for a couple of different print providers, all the while staying very engaged in the prepress, digital and web2print operations. I did a brief stint as an inside sales manager before being lured away by my current employer, which is one of the larger Xerox agencies in the states. I now work as an consultant/analyst helping companies start up/improve their in-house printing operations and streamlining thier digital workflows. I am also charged with heading up our new mangaged print services program, which has been all new to me, so it is keeping me excited about the industry as I go through another new learning process.

My outside interests include fishing, music, reading, baseball and football.

I look forward to participating in, and gleaning new knowledge from this forum!

My name is Andy and I have been in the print trade for 25 years now.
Started off as an offsider in offset printing and then into prepress and then into design, designing is great but the pay sucks unless you are an award winning guru type.
I likes the income from print and drifted back into the industry via mailhouse companies.
Digital print is my passion now and I love the new technology that is being developed these days.

I am iGen certified and have several years experience running them (3's and 4's), mostly in direct marketing.

The HP indigo 5500 is the new one for me lately and training begins soon. WOOOHOOOO! :)
The company I work for is called Geon Group. GEON print & communication solutions

Interests include building crazy motored bikes. MotoredBikes.com: Motorized Bicycle Forum - Powered by vBulletin
proudly showing my logo design on there forum (got a T-shirt for the job hehehe), and currently getting into speedway racing with a possible newbe drive for the 1600 class in the next two race meetings. WOOOOOOOOHOOOOO!

I read Stephen King and Iain M Banks fiction as well as history books and love most things technical/mechanical.

This forum looks like a great place to pick up tips and get involved with like minded foalks.

Cheers
Andy

Hello everyone, My name is Stan. I have my own press service company in Denver (Intremountain Press Service, LLC.) specializing in the QM46/PM46 press line servicing the Intermountain region, or any where else. This all came about in Feb. 2010. I worked for Heidelberg for almost 21 yrs. My last 14yrs I was a service tech on the QM46/PM46. One door closed and one door opened. In my spare time I love to hunt, fish and TRAPSHOOT.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back