Konica C8000 review and Please HELP!!!!

Today I can say that Konica has made us whole. We still have the c8000 and we are now quite pleased.

Things we have learned...
In my opinion we should have waited for the c8000 to have been in the market place a bit longer before we purchased.
Konica has learned alot about what having a box with the word "Press" written on the front of it.
If you are buying one of these machines, make SURE you get the best color managment they offer.
Invest in ORU training. We have learned alot about how the techinians work on the machine and that helps us see issues developing before they become issues.

Like any machine, we still have our issues. Most of them are managable by our staff now. As always, when we place a service call, we have someone onsite within 4 hours.

I can honestly say, we haven't been down(unable to print) for a couple of months now. That is a huge improvement over where we came from.

Last edited:
Have your tech do the G7 calibration (Konica Version not a true G7 not sure why they call it a G7) with the eye one isis and profile the stocks you run the most. After that when you run a job on the stock select that paper under the color density it will make a big improvement on large runs. We have been running under that calibration for about two months over 700k clicks and no color shift. The first set up takes about 4 hours after that the tech just re-specs the machine after a pm

Have your tech do the G7 calibration (Konica Version not a true G7 not sure why they call it a G7) with the eye one isis and profile the stocks you run the most. After that when you run a job on the stock select that paper under the color density it will make a big improvement on large runs. We have been running under that calibration for about two months over 700k clicks and no color shift. The first set up takes about 4 hours after that the tech just re-specs the machine after a pm

I completely agree. We are not paying for the G7 master printer certification. But we are using G7 methodolgy to manage our color. Huge improvment.

anyone else notice a banding line about 3/4 down the sheet in direction of travel? Only appears on solids on 300-350gsm board.

350gsm about 3/4 down the sheet it is vibrating while being imaged/fused and that is creating a banding line. Konica say they are unable to fix it??

There's a function called "Thick BK Mode" that increases the tension of the first transfer rollers which will stop the vibration on heavy media that causes the band. Your technician will have to enable the option via dip switch and then the option will be available to toggle on or off in the "Common Settings" menu. It's recommended to only turn it on when using 300-350gsm media.

Thank you!
If they agree to do that on my C6000L you will be our saviour!

I have this problem with the so called Pearl cardboard 270 - 300 grams and cardboard for packaging /one sided/ over 215 grams
Otherwise we found a 350 that we print perfect!

On my machine - 6000L - the heavy papers splash in the drum when the end is released from the guide

They /KM/ call it here the 37 cm issue...

Thanks!
Unfortunately i'm in Europe and here we don't have the same papers as you do there. I know if we cut the paper in the water direction we can print it but then we get 3 sheets instead of four out of 70x100 cm...

Ah understood. Yes it has everything to do with the snap of the paper traveling through transfer, so grain direction and rigidity are the 2 big factors.

excellent. will try this tomorrow to see if it fixes it. WOuld be great if it did....its the only remaining fault with machine.....as well as not printing on textured paper. Conqueror textured paper black text - wont bed into the sheet - prints terrible

I think you may be refering to gloss dropoff. Is this mostly visable on gloss sheets? Does it do it through the entire run or on the first few sheets?

we have full service mode so can do the change. Where abouts is it located?

It is quite a stiff media but even a softer 300gsm still shows it faintly

Thanks will try that. What else would you recommend? If i am honest the local guys here are not good at all. Not enough machines under their control and as a result don't know much unless its in the Konica service book. i don't blame the technicians as such as its not their fault they dont have enough installed. Konica are saying "its a limitation of the device" So they are basically saying not interested

Thanks will try that. What else would you recommend? If i am honest the local guys here are not good at all. Not enough machines under their control and as a result don't know much unless its in the Konica service book. i don't blame the technicians as such as its not their fault they dont have enough installed. Konica are saying "its a limitation of the device" So they are basically saying not interested

You need to discuss ORU training if your not confident in your local service.

just tried that and doesnt make any difference. Huge band line. real pity this machine wont print ony any decent weight 350gsm. They only like cheap thin 350gsm board so it can do without the band line. Looks like its time to throw in the towel with the Konica line of machines. great quality otherwise

We run a ton of the Mohawk 130dtc/352gsm full coverage on our 8000 with no problems. All we do is adjust our fuser temps. Maybe it's your tech and not the machine.

we get the band line faint on 300gsm on solids. 350gsm its visible and not good. For a machine at this price its not acceptable and Konica know about it as a fault....tell you once you got the machine. Whats annoying is you guys have these machines running with no fault at all and yet our unit refuses to work. Have requested a total replacement of the machine...see where that goes. tried Konica's own brand paper and all their recommended ones and it still bands. I think they know it as the 370mm band line

It is best to check the machine at least twice a week. That is what I do which is why I haven't encounter problems same as yours @csudman.

-------------------------------
Visit: Screen Printing New Zealand

Last edited:

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back